Néjib Ayachi (The Maghreb Center)
- The Transformation of Algerian Islamist Parties
Amel Boubekeur (Carnegie Middle East Center)
- Algeria: Export Diversification and the new Foreign Direct Investment Regime: A Perspective from Chile and Malaysia’s Successes
José G. Gijón-Spalla (Johns Hopkins University –SAIS & International Monetary Fund)
- Energizing EU-Algerian Relations
Hakim Darbouche (Oxford Institute for Energy Studies)
- The United States and Algeria: The Cautious Road to Partnership
Yahia H. Zoubir (Euromed Marseille)
- Algeria and the Western Sahara Dispute
Jacob Mundy (University of Exeter)
Writing Algeria: On the History and Culture of Colonialism
Abdelmajid Hannoum (University of Kansas)
Books reviewed in this essay:
- Patricia Lorcin, Imperial identities: Stereotyping, Prejudice and Race in Colonial Algeria(London: I.B. Tauris, 1996).
- James McDougall, History and Culture of Nationalism in Algeria (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2005)
- Hugh Roberts, The Battlefield Algeria 1988–2002: Studies in a Broken Polity (London: Verso, 2003)
Algeria’s Colonial History Revisited
Francis Ghilès (CIDOB, Barcelona Centre for International Affairs)
Books reviewed in this essay:
- Pierre Daumon, Un siècle de passions algériennes, Une Histoire de l’Algérie Coloniale 1830-1940 (Fayard 2009)
- John W. Kiser, The Life and Times of Emir Abd el-Kader, A story of true Jihad (Monkfish Book Publishing Co. 2008)
De Gaulle and Algeria
Azzedine Layachi (Saint John’s University, New York)
- Benjamin Stora, Le mystère de Gaulle : Son choix pour l’Algérie (Editions Robert Laffont 2009)
* * *
The Maghreb Center Thematic Dossiers are published by
The Maghreb Center: Fostering Understanding and Development of the Maghreb
1030 15th Street, NW, Suite B, # 382 • Washington DC 20005, USA• Tel: (202) 483-1258• Tel: 202-483-1258 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor: Néjib Ayachi (Maghreb Center President)
Board of Advisory Editors: Yahia Zoubir (Euromed School of Management); Stephen J. King (Georgetown University); Ahmed El Hamri (World Bank Economist/Consultant), Lawrence R. Velte (National Defense University); Azzedine Layachi (St John’s University).
Submission of Articles for publication in the Dossiers: The Maghreb Center welcomes the submission of articles dealing with current political, economic, cultural, and international relations issues affecting the countries of North Africa, as well as book reviews on related subjects. Topics should be determined in consultation with the editor; a synopsis of a proposed article may be sent to the editor before writing it. Articles should be sent by email attachment to email@example.com. Articles submitted for consideration cannot be proposed simultaneously to other publications or have been published elsewhere, but exceptions may be considered by the editor under certain conditions. The review process may be lengthy, and The Maghreb Center is not responsible for delays.
Copyright: Reproduction of articles published in The Maghreb Center Dossiers is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.
Disclaimer: The opinions and views expressed in the articles published in The Maghreb Center Dossiers are solely those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of the editors, nor does the publication endorse these opinions and views.